Clinical Laboratory Scientist
Community Health Educator
Contact Information: email@example.com 352-256-5823
Civic and Community Service
- University of Florida Urology Department Community Advisory Board Member (2010/present)
- American Cancer Society Board of Directors (2009/2010)
- University of Florida Oral History Program Assistant (08/2009 – present)
- Columnist for Sistersspace (07/2009 –01/2011)
- Publisher and Writer for Health Workshops R Us: My Weekly Newsletter (05/2009 – present)
- CDC Abstract Reviewer and Moderator: Center for Disease Control (CDC) Atlanta, GA (06/09-12/09)
- University of Florida Alumni Association member, Chairperson UF Black Alumni and Treasurer (2004).
- Volunteer Dance Instructor – PACE School for Girls (8/2008-2010)
- Worksite Wellness Activity Organizer – 1/2003- present
- University of Florida Research Presenter and Panelist – 1/2008 – present
- Shands Eastside Education Series Presenter and Health Fair Participant– Presentations on Balancing your Budget, Exercise and Heart disease, Exercise and diabetes, Food Pyramid, the Importance of Drinking Water, etc. (1/2005-2011)
- Cox Communications – Worksite Wellness (conditioning and strengthening) (4/2008-8/2008)
- Alachua County Health Department – Worksite Wellness (conditioning and strengthening) (1/2007-2011)
- Florida Department of Health “Step Up, Florida” program I taught an exercise class to a group of local senior citizens and Jazzercise to staff employees– January 2007 I have given a variety of presentations to churches throughout Gainesville, Florida and the surrounding cities. The churches range from small congregations to large congregations.
- Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity Leadership Conference at the University of Florida Auditorium – I gave a presentation on chronic diseases (heart disease and diabetes) and sexual transmitted infections and diseases. I was awarded a Leadership Award for exemplifying leadership contributions to the lives of youth. (3/2007)
- Cambridge Who’s Who – On September 11, 2007 I received the Cambridge Who’s Who in Business Award.
- Passage Family Church: Outreach ministry and Dance Instructor for teenage youth